Easthampton Media is seeking an Executive Director!
Leading by example, this individual will:
- Help our organization grow and prosper in our vibrant, arts-oriented, and civically engaged communities of Easthampton and Southampton.
- Identify and inspire people to create engaging local content and programming.
- Oversee training and education in media production.
- Develop and expand lasting, mutually beneficial partnerships.
- Collaborate and engage with local governments, schools, other groups and individuals.
The Executive Director’s responsibilities include strategic planning, operations, staff administration, program development, community outreach, financial oversight, contract negotiations and compliance, fundraising, communications/public relations
Candidates must possess a passion for working with diverse community groups to most effectively facilitate programming that is reflective of the interests, challenges and needs of the communities served.
Click [HERE] to download a complete job description
- Degree in Nonprofit Management, Communications, or a related field.
- Experience working at a community media center is a plus.
- Three to five years of experience in executive leadership or management of a nonprofit organization.
- Demonstrated commitment to embrace and promote diversity, equity, and inclusion and amplify underserved voices.
- Video production skills, and knowledge of all facets of media production technologies and equipment.
- Professional verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and negotiation skills, and a high level of emotional intelligence.
- Experience in budgeting and general accounting principles and practices.
- Experience in hiring, training, and mentoring staff.
Salary is between $50K-$55K commensurate with qualifications and experience.
APPLICATION INFORMATION – Submit via Email:
- Cover letter detailing how your experience and background would be a good fit for the position.
- Resume or CV.
- Three professional references with telephone numbers and e-mail addresses.
- Email PDF-formatted documents to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Executive Director Application”
- Applications will be reviewed as they are received.
- No phone calls, please.
- Application Deadline is September 20th, 2021.
Easthampton Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer
and complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
Easthampton Media is a 501(c)(3) non-profit community media center and public, educational, and government access television station serving the Easthampton and Southampton Massachusetts communities.
Our mission is to foster creativity, personal expression, civic engagement, and community dialogues through training and resources that enable anyone in the local community to be digital media content creators.
We provide access to professional video, audio and multimedia tools, a space in which to learn and create, and a local distribution platform on which to share non-commercial, community-oriented, educational and creative works such as videos, TV shows, films, and podcasts.
Easthampton Media broadcasts non-commercial content on 4 local TV channels (191, 192, 193 in Easthampton, 191 in Southampton) and maintains a community YouTube channel with an emphasis on content created by the local community.
We provide video/TV coverage of many local government meetings to inform and provide government transparency to the residents.